Tuesday 3 January 2023

Zona Alfa - New Accessories - Anomalies + Objective

Last year I saw a post on fb where someone made the black floaty rocks. Thought it was a good idea. Started the project. It stalled and I managed to finish it up over the last couple of days.


Quite happy with the result. Wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but that's usually the way. I'm more often than not happy to see what emerges.

Was relatively easy build. I straightened a thin-wired spring to get some wire that would be stiffer but still thin.

So I now have 6 anomalies (globe, whirligig, electro, tree-people, and these two).  Which is nice of course but they're all 60mm base... maybe larger (globe and the tree-people).

What I was after while playing some test games (more about that soon) was some small anomalies. I've been using a very small board and I just wanted something compact that wasn't going to have a huge footprint on an already limited area. 

So... I created 2 new small anomalies which are 'blood stones'. Nice small 32mm bases.

"Blood Stones: While Whirligigs and Burners are exceptionally hazardous due to being virtually invisible, STALKERS with superstitious tendencies fear the powerful quasi-magnetic effect of Blood Stones even more. Close proximity causes nausea, loss of balance and if an organisms stays too long near a Blood Stone anomaly witnesses say you can see a cloud of red mist being drawn from the victim to the Stones through the air. The anomaly literally sucks the body's blood through the victim's skin, leaving them disoriented, susceptible to collapse and the risk of becoming a dry, crispy husk."

I also made a generic mission objective marker. For similar reasons.  I wanted something slightly industrial looking: could be a table with 2 things one it, could be a battery, could be a (narrow) hatchway, could be a bomb, etc.
I was using crates in my test games and they didn't feel right. It's nice to have options.

All made from left over bits and bobs. So that's that.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment