Sunday 1 January 2023

OPR - Inquisitorial Warband

Some time ago i got it into my head to make an Inquisitorial Warband... initially it was intended to be for a Munda venator gang, but between starting the project and now I got into OPR so it seems more likely it would be used in that setting.   OPR even caters to Inquisitors in the army lists. Win. 

That's the thing about hobby, sometimes it's fun just to build something for the sake of it, even if it doesn't get used in games.... though now I think about it that's most of my projects. though I do intend to use them, it's just that dice rolling doesn't happen all that frequently.  anyways...

I had a fairly good idea of the composition of the warband, i have models that i like from all the other games i play, i made a list, i checked it twice, and over the course of months i gathered models from here and there, raided the bitz box on more than one occasion and eventually gathered all the models together.

This is the Inquisitor model (Rogue Trader from Blackstone fortress)...


There's a missionary with two combat servitor (Missionary and two negavoltists also from Blackstone fortress), and an enforcer from necromunda.

Here is the full crew, getting primed.  In addition to the above we have a Van Saar gunner, a trio of admech Sicarians, and a Psyker (genestealer cult).

most of the models had some level of kit bashing.
The Sicarians were mainly just head swaps of the 2 different types... which makes sense if you know admech. 
The Psyker had mutation bits carved off, and any GS looking icons removed. Added an aquila on the staff.
Enforcer needed upper leg extensions as he was ridiculously short.
Van Saar was a kit bash of spare parts over new legs and torso.
Inquisitor had gun swaps, removal of stupid feathers and other extraneous gubbins and I swapped the stupid spike leg for a real leg.
Only the missionary and the negavoltists were totally stock models.

This... is the finished results, ready for boxing...

Missionary... i was going for a greyscale palette for this one... aiming for austerity.

The missionary and negavoltists blob...

The Enforcers I quite like despite being relatively plain/unmodified... He has quite pale fleshtone and some black patches on the face. I'm not sure if these are plasma burns that imprinted on his face, or whether he was captured and tattoo'd by criminals early in his career and had the obscenities blocked over.  Those are the fun fluffy bits you can contemplate when kitbashing a unique team like this.
The Psyker model is great, very tall even without the hood.  I saw a dark skinned model like my one about 2 days after I finished mine, which is kind of annoying as I thought it was a unique idea. not so apparently.
The Inquisitor came out quite well. I had a plan for the shape, but not for the colour (like most things) and i'm relatively happy with the results. didn't want to go red like the Blackstone model I already did, so opted for a blue palette.  The Van Saar is ok, i like the colour, wanted to get away from my traditional colours for them. The model is a tiny bit shorter than i might have liked.

And the Sicarians were a fun build/paint. I haven't done any admech stuff before so it was a fun little excursion.  I really like the models but have no intention of doing more admech stuff.

So that's that.  I finished off the negavoltists today so that's first models of the year done, and first project of the year done.  Sure they were started and mainly done last year, but only finished projects really count... or something like that.  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment