Thursday 28 October 2021

Kill Team - Build Progress

Still on a Kill Team kick... more or less.

I assembled all the models in the box. Still haven't got around to painting them, even undercoating. I'll get to it. One day.

I spent a bit of time reading through the alternate loadouts for both factions, as there were some either-either cases based on the models... i.e. you could select only one-or-the-other arm sets to fit on the model bodies.

The terrain, on the other hand...


Done! Yhay!

It got more-or-less the full treatment. I lashed out and ordered a can of spray leadbelcher (eq) undercoat which made that part real easy (and more inspiring). The paintwork is not terrible, generally staying within the lines but I'm sure there are some stray brushstrokes (that I couldn't be bothered with).

Most of the panels got two coats because the metal usually showed through on the first coat, so not a brilliant undercoat if you're planning minimum painting.
Anyway, left some metal showing (anything fiddly) and I barely bothered with the insides of the larger buildings at all.

After that there were copious sploshes of washes to darken and 'instamagic' the pieces. Didn't bother drybrushing the edges, so it then got two coats of ultra-matt sealer, and done.

Happy with the results. As good as I could have hoped for with very little effort.

I deliberately painted no blues in the colour palette. Don't think there's any purple either.   Stuck with warmer red-orange-yellow and some green... cos... well... orks.

This means the board is now completely game-worthy. I like it.


In adjacent news i did some work on the portable game table.  This is just a square mdf slab and uses ikea screw on/off legs. It's stable enough to not scramble model positions given standard use. It is only 90cm (3') square, and it accommodates the KT mat with room to spare for stat cards (KT is remarkable small, but I'm liking that tbh). Not quite enough for the dice container and gubbins as well so I made an extension that screws on easily.

It's intended use is KT and maybe Necromunda... so all 'small board format'. 


Update 2021-10-28

The Octarius models are now based coated black. Yet to take the enthusiasm beyond that.


I did manage to get the measuring tools finished off. Just Leadbelcher (eq) base, then washes of null oil, colour on the pips, and clear coat to finish.


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment