Wednesday 20 December 2017

An Introduction...

An Introduction...
In the not too distant past (and like a great many other people) my life involved commuting on a train; not pleasant, something of a waste of time, and unavoidable in practical terms.  

Over time i started jotting notes - especially on the trip in - and what started as bullet points kind of evolved into freeform brain dumps and monologues, noting; progress in my hobby projects, what i was planning on building next, thoughts about lists for tournaments, bits and pieces i needed to get to progress builds etc. I've never been a believer in diaries but safe to say i had myself a full-on hobby diary. 

Recently I changed jobs and ditched the commute (yhay!), and while I can't say that i miss the train, i guess the daily brain-dump was helpful/somewhat-enjoyable.

So this little jaunt is mainly for me and if other folk find it interesting or helpful then terrific.


Hobbies...
Most of the content here is going to be related to my tabletop wargaming hobby; specifically 6mm Epic (Armageddon). I'm pretty one-track-minded though I also like space hulk, and am interested in Battlefleet Gothic, X-Wing, Infinity, Halo GC, and a few other systems (note a common theme that many are no longer officially supported, damnit!!)

[mandatory Epic Armageddon pic]

Part of my Epic 'thing' is building/modelling/printing/painting 3D models and armies. In part this is due to wanting to try different armies to find out what I like, and to try different formations without having to sell a kidney to get them on auction and perhaps not like them after all... and in part 'just because'. The above pic is actually my own warlord build, some black templar infantry sticks ('stands') and some poor (on my behalf) paint.net posterizing.

I have contributed several models on thingiverse and it's reasonable to say that without inspiration from some of the early contributors there I may not have progressed my Epic career at all. Also check out the epic 40k group as another good starting point.

Usually my thingiverse items have 'end results' pictures on them (when they're more than 'concept only' pieces). Part of my goal here is to show the progress of the projects, especially given that 3d printing is still something of a rarity in this system (Epic), and also since there are often several steps from concept to completion.


262 what?
More or less random. I'm of an era where we used to value our privacy, security and anonymity; as opposed to the whole online share-every-mood-swing mindset....
If I wanted to invent something behind it then perhaps the Halo Spartan naming convention would be suitable. john 117... carter 259... chris 262.... bleck!!


anyway, that's me.

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment