Tuesday 21 November 2023

Epic - Chaos Marines - Build - pt2

2023-11-09

Well I did the first little nibble at assembling what I've got.

Started with the bikes... first issue.  I printed 8 models.... not enough models for 8 stands.  So I need to print another 8 to do the other 4 stands.  oh well.  future project.

Then assembled the rhinos.  Easy enough, bases and the assemble.  Done.

Then desprued and based the 2 large demons.  Turned out relatively easy.  I like the size of them, they definitely work.

And that's it for now.


2023-11-10

Yesterday I did assemble all the demons onto bases. Once the basing/astrogranite is done these will look mad.

The khorne demons are bloodletters and a bloodthirster. 

The tzeentch demons are pink horrors and a flamer.

This morning I managed to shuck all the marines and clean up the bases.  So these are ready for assembly.  There's not as much variety in the model types as I'd perhaps like, but I guess I can make it work - there are seven main types including some that have only 3 or 4 models available.  Would have got more if the printer was being more consistent when I was working on these.  Oh well.

Which leaves only the Terminators left to desprue.

Little Later

yep. 'course. Tacticals on the left. havocs on the right.  commander units at the fronts.


And this is everything I've put together so far.

Still the Terminators to go before I'll need to print anything else.


Update 2023-11-12

I've got all the first batch undercoated black now.  I've used my plaster/glue mix to prefill some of the base gap where models have been glued straight onto a base, mainly demons and Terminators.

I've fired up the printer again in an attempt to crank out the needed bikes.  So far one failed print,  printed the raft and then 'printed' nothing more. Annoying.

I also ordered a 500ml bottle from monocure, so I'll get the remaining models done within a few weeks hopefully.

Theoretically I should have enough resin for the remaining bikes but it depends how many frigin' fails I get.  [rolls eyes].

+ 2 fails.

+ ...so many fails...

+ finally got enough to make up the squad.  had to chop two failures together to avoid having to do yet another failed print.  very frustrating.


Later

bikes assembled !! yhay !!

So what do I have left to print... can think it out now I have resin on the way.  Probably should get a new FEP as well to give it the best chance of working...

I turned the tub around 180o to see if that helps... kinda did maybe.   I think there's a shop nearby that allegedly has print stuff.  might drop by when the resin actually arrives.

For lists...

- Defilers  x4

- Death Wheels  x2

- Heavy Tank (Decimator)  x1

- Hell Talons  x2

- Hell Blades  x3

optional...

- Feral Titan  x1


Update 2023-11-14

Resin arrived today.  Packed the printer up this morning. Won't be starting up again.


Update 2023-11-17

Painting began... some time ago.  Got covid over the last couple of days so I'm a bit spacey.  

First poke at the quartered marines. Termis have nice big panels to get a feel for things.


Still a butt load to go. hahaha.

The two sets of chaos demons are mainly/by majority done.  A few bits of detail to do and basing obviously.


Update 2023-11-21

Just paintin' paintin' paintin'...

Pic from several painting hours ago.

Thoughts:  There has been bit of local chatter about the new Epic. Have seen some reviews and.... I don't think it's really something I'm into.

I wouldn't mind picking up the rules... just 'cos.  But not intending on getting the starter box.

Painting the new army has very much scratched whatever latent 6mm itch I must have had.  Which is cool.


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment