Thursday 2 February 2023

Zona Alfa - Minor Terrain

Was thinking about Zona table for the weekend. Drew out a concept map even.

Thought I'd whip up a 'lake' or 'pond' piece. this is the same lino that i used for the scatter 'rock' area terrain previously. Did some washes over the top and a layer of 2-part epoxy to finish. hoping it all solidifies and isn't problematic. 
I'd used the rock elements to create a 'lake' previously but nicer to have something more representative.
The two pieces are designed to snug up on one edge (you can see a tiny gap there) and once on a mat that should be all but unnoticable.
Will look much nicer with tree, rock and shrub scatter around it.

[later: couldn't help myself and threw together a little diorama.]


Also decided I needed to make up some more segments of mdf road. Been on the to do list for a while and finally got around to it.

I don't really want to use the rubber roads I have for Epic on the Zona boards as the road's centre line make the wrong scale more noticeable.
This stuff is also good for making expanses of asphalt in factories etc.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment